These drawings were actually finished in mid-November of 2017. However, the doubled holiday truck schedule at my hourly job kept me incredibly busy for November and December, and I’ve only now been able to get back to this portfolio.
No doubt you’ve noted that this is smaller than the typical set of drawings I do for Mr. Uriel. He advised me that there was some sort of a rush on the part of his client, and he need presentation drawings quickly. I told him I would do my best, but warned him that my extended holiday schedule had begun, and that I might not, on any given day, be able to devote as much time as I otherwise would to the drawings. He suggested then, rather than a full set which at a minimum would include side views and overheads, that I just provide front views with basic dimensions and minimal details. Thus despite my holiday hours, I was able to send him the final draft in a relatively short amount of time.
You’ve probably also noticed that the B unit is a wall-mounted kitchen shelf, rather than a “media” shelf. I got a good chuckle at myself with that one. When Mr. Uriel had called the entire set “media shelves”, I presumed that the B unit was for a small stereo system with storage for a vinyl record collection, or perhaps it was for multiple stereo components or other media devices.
I took the rod — which he did call out in his original sketch — to be some sort of internal support structure. So, I drafted it using dashed lines. When he advised me that the B unit should be shown up parallel to the top of the A unit (not at floor level as I had first drafted it), I realized my error, made the few necessary graphic corrections, and e-mailed the updated PDFs to him. These he accepted as the final draft.